The Samsung Galaxy S6 is here!
Samsung launched the GALAXY S6 and GALAXY S6 edge in Sri Lanka last week. The phones were unveiled globally in Barcelona, Spain earlier this month and have received great reviews across the board so far. The two devices have been recreated from scratch based on consumer needs by Samsung’s global research and development team, and according to the brand, they will be the most advanced smartphones available in the Sri Lankan market.
TechAdvisor.lk got a chance to experience the two new devices at the Samsung fair last Saturday (April 11), where they had an experiential booth for tech enthusiasts.
Some of the new additions and improvements include:
- The world’s first 14nm mobile processor with 64-bit platform. Along with a LPDDR4 memory system and UFS 2.0 flash memory for lower power consumption and enhanced memory speed
- High resolution streaming via the world’s first 1440P/VP9 hardware based codec and a 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 577ppi
- Enhanced camera features including F1.9 lenses and high resolutions sensors on both the 5MP front and 16MP rear cameras, as well as, Auto Real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR), Smart Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and IR Detect White Balance
- Download boosters that combine LTE and WiFi data for additional speed
- Fast charging technology which promises four hours of usage with only 10 minutes of charging, as well as wireless charging technology
- Defence grade mobile security which includes touch fingerprint scanner, a new remotely controlled ‘Reactivate Lock’ feature and data protection through an upgraded Samsung KNOX.
The S6 edge is the world’s first curved display on both sides. What does this mean to someone who’s not so tech savvy? The screen folds over or curves down on both sides. In the GALAXY S6 edge, this feature is used for notifications and quick access to important contacts.